Saturday, August 14, 2004

Idle Hands

Todays Music: “Travelin’ Soldier” by the Dixie Chicks

These last few days have been pretty lush. All of our systems have been in for awhile and all the training is over and done with. So, what might I do with all this spare time you ask? Burn music of course.

I put myself on a mission to burn as much music as possible today. While many people may frown upon this, because they say ripping CDs to MP3s is illegal. Well so is stealing CD’s. I think I speak for everyone when I say that everyone has had atleast one CD wallet stolen in their lifetime. Some of us have had more than a few stolen. I don’t even want to begin thinking about how much money I lost on all those stolen CDs.

One time it wasn’t even my fault. I was home on leave from AIT before I came to Europe, and I left my CDs in my brothers truck. Sure enough some “mean girls” who didn’t like my brothers red headed heathen of a girlfriend of the moment and ganked my innocent CDs. They also took some random things from my brother. They stole his smokes too. Now that’s low.

So no, I don’t feel bad for ripping CDs that I have lost or had stolen about 3 times over throughout my consumer lifetime.

Anyhow. I think I ripped like 3 gigs of music today. Including 5 Jay-Z albums, a surprisingly good Shakira Unplugged CD, and some Lil John….Yeaaaaaahhh!

I also made some calls to my friends back home. It was good to speak to them and see how they are doing. I was only able to speak to a few of them though. Its unfortunate, that I can only call while most of them are at work So I spoke to a lot of voicemail boxes today. I left the following message:

“Hi this is Xavier, I just called to say hello and see how you are doing. I hope you are doing well…actually…I’m just calling so you can remember me and buy me a beer when I get back home. So, I’ll try to call you again some other time, If you want you can still buy me a beer if you haven’t deleted this message yet.”

Hehe, I could never leave a message like that, It was actually like this:

“Pick up the phone bitch, this is Rick James in Bulgaria.”

We had a bird fly into the tent last night. It was hilarious. Grown men, soldiers even, running like girls from some poor lost sparrow.

“Rabies! They have Rabies!”

One of the guys said, jokingly as he watched the others cower before the diminutive thunderbird. He promptly exited the tent as the afore mentioned avian did a flyby on him. I think it was going for his eyes like in a Hitchcock movie.
Well we breakdown tomorrow, so this is my last blogg for awhile, or atleast till I get back to Mannheim. I’ll see you all on the flipside, beware the birds!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home